Cotton webbing is a softer tape, very often manufactured in a herringbone pattern, that is usually used for more casual decorative applications such as apparel or upholstery. Its strength and versatility means it’s perfect for use in binding, drawstrings, aprons, quilt binding and bunting.
Wyedean’s cotton webbings have the following properties:
- Increased strength when wet, up to 3-5g/denier
- Good moisture resistance and can absorb some water without feeling damp
- Cotton is flexible and versatile and can be dyed to almost any shade
- Cotton is self extinguishing and can withstand elevated temperatures up to about 120°C
- Resistance to weak acids but broken down by stronger ones
- Very resistant to alkalis which means it stands up to repeated washing